http://inclinedtoshoot.blogspot.com/

Amateur Photography . Digital Art . Digital Scrapbooking . Random Thoughts

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Unexpected Guest

This old guy was our unexpected guest Father's Day, 2010. My sister suggested we name him "Horace" (I hope she didn't think our father came back as a disoriented land turtle). He spent the afternoon and night of Father's Day with us and left about 1:30 in the afternoon the next day. Backspace, he completely disappeared about 1:30 in the afternoon of the next day.
First thing the morning following his arrival, we checked to see if he was still with us. He was. Thrilled with the idea that maybe he had decided to stay awhile, I headed to the kitchen to prepare a food offering for him. I assembled a lettuce and broccoli entre’ and returned to find he’d vanished. Seriously, he completely disappeared without a trace or track. I want to believe it was the name, ”Horace,” that spooked him and not that an innate dread of my culinary endeavors is common to all  God's creatures.

No comments: