http://inclinedtoshoot.blogspot.com/

Amateur Photography . Digital Art . Digital Scrapbooking . Random Thoughts

Friday, March 23, 2012

Easter Eggs




I will never outgrow coloring Easter eggs.  It's an act that brings back  some of my favorite childhood memories. Those favorite memories are of the big egg hunts for all my cousins, my sister, and me at my grandparents'  home. Our mothers brought the chicken and dumplings, banana puddings, and other Sunday fare as well as other kinds of desserts. After lunch, the men hid the eggs in the lot behind the house. That lot was perfect for egg hunts since it was sheltered by a canopy of Georgia pines that served dual duty in keeping the air cool and the ground soft with a carpet of red-brown straw. After it was determined that the children had found all the colored eggs, everyone feasted again on boiled eggs sprinkled with salt and pepper chased down by RC colas (my Uncle Wilbur's favorite). 

No comments: