http://inclinedtoshoot.blogspot.com/

Amateur Photography . Digital Art . Digital Scrapbooking . Random Thoughts

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Celeste Figs, I Think

I'm not completely certain of the name of our fig tree, but according to some pictures I saw in a Southern Living magazine, I think ours would be classified as the variety known as the celeste. Whatever they are, they make really good fig preserves.

Speaking of which, I'm excited to have a project in mind for this year's fig preserves: home-made fig newtons. I'm hoping they will be much better than the store-bought versions or else I have real questions as to why all those recipes for fig newtons are so frequent on the Internet recipe sites. To me, it implies there's a genuine benefit in making them rather than purchasing them. But, I'll make that judgement myself once the weather cools a bit and I have the patience to bake again. Then I'll see if the recipe I've chosen to try deserves a page in my cookbook. 

No comments: